10 real facts you need to know about Charmaine Mtinta, she was well known for her character as Nomsa on Yizo Yizo.
10 facts that let’s us know the life history of former Yizo Yizo actress Nomsa whose real name is Charmaine Mtinta.
1. Charmaine Mtinta was born 1972 on the 20th of July in Gugulethu.
2. The actress is best known for her starring role on Yizo Yizo as Nomsa. She also won an award for Best Actress on Yizo Yizo. The drama series was aired from 1999-2004.
3. She considered acting as her career because most people always ask her what she do besides acting.
4. Other drama series she appeared on includes Gauteng Maboneng as Pearl in 2011, Inkaba as Aunt Lizzie in 2012-2013, Generations, Missing Link and on Scandal as Lulama Langa in 2019.
5. In terms of music choice, Charmaine enjoys the smooth sounds of Jazz music.
6. She don’t just enjoys Jazz music but she studied Music specifically Jazz at East Side College.
“My love for jazz goes deep. But I later studied drama at Indigo View Actors Academy. It moulded me into the actress I am today.”
7. When it comes to exercises Charmaine enjoys a morning stretch doing yoga.
“I am a yogi, do not be fooled by the body. It’s just water weight.”
8. Also she loves to experimenting with essential oils.
“One of my passions is mixing oils and herbs. I use these to also experiment in the kitchen. I love anything natural. If one is sick, I use natural products right in my cupboard.”
9. Although most people loves to drink coffee, she prefer to drink tea.
“I have every flavour you can think of under the sun.”
10. The year 2021 she got a role to act on the River Season 4, she is potraying a character as Zungazi. The drama series is aired on Mzansi Magic.