18 Soul Buddyz cast: where are they now.
Soul Buddyz was a drama series for kids to raise awareness about kids issues. It was aired on SABC 1. These are 18 kids who acted on Soul Buddyz.
1. Salamina Mosese was portraying a character as Zondi on Soul Buddyz. After appeared on Soul Buddyz, Salamina continued with her career in acting. She acted on drama series such as Backstage, Justice for All, The Ring, Abo Mozala and on International film called Beat the Drum.
Salamina didn’t just pursue Art, she was also a presenter on e.tv‘s kids’ programming block CRAZe for five years. Also she became a presenter on SABC 1, the gameshow Crazy Games. Salamina is a model who appeared in advertising campaigns for Lotto, Comporal and McDonalds, and among others. She is now happily married to actor Tshepo Mosese.
2. Thando Dlamini portrayed a character as Nozipho on Soul Buddyz. After completing her matric, she studied Psychology and only to find that she wasn’t interested to pursue that career. She then studied drama at AFDA where she specialised in music, TV producing, screen acting and post production.
Besides her appearance on Soul Buddyz, she acted on a film Next of Next week. She also became presenter for YoTv Buddyz on The Move. Thando was also featured in MTN Compaign.
3. Gift Mokhampanyane was acting as Spho on drama series Soul Buddyz. He studied drama and art at the National School of the Arts.
He had no other acting experience when he landed a part in Soul Buddyz in 2005, playing the role of Sipho. In 2011, Gift was the presenter of children show called Yo TV. Gift play the role of Fanie in SABC1 soapie drama Skeem Saam and he also appeared on Sokhulo and Partners season 2 as Tsepo Moloi.
4. “Stoan” Seate played the role of Pule on Soul Buddyz. He is famous for his role in the accomplished band Bongo Muffin. Stoan is still into acting, featuring in projects like Five Days to go. However, he is also a music producer and television presenter.
5. Jafta Mamabolo played a character of Thapelo on season 3 of Soul Buddyz. He is best known for being a presenter and actor.
After his appearance on Soul Buddyz, he never stopped there. After high school he went to study at National School of Art to polish his acting skill. Also he ventured into fashion designing.
Jafta appeared in a film called Jerusalem as Young Kunene which he also directed. He was also featured in a movie called Otelo Burning as Surfer. In 2019, he acted in a famous movie called Freedom. Other movies he appeared includes Ayanda as Lenaka, Kalushi as Lucky. Besides being an actor, he took a role of a presenter on Television shows such as the Molo show, Craze E, and Knock knock.
6. Mpho Sebeng was portraying a character as Slay on Soul Buddyz. His career into acting didn’t end there. He first made an appearance in Zero Tolerance as Siso Ledwaba in 2001. In 2011, he then joined to act on Soul Buddyz. Other major roles he played were in Justice for All, Zero Tolerance and Bay of Plenty.
Mpho played a starring role as Lebo Ngcobo on e.tv drama series Z’bondiwe in 2015. The following year, he appeared on e.tv telenovela Ring of Lies as Neo. He acted in several drama series such as Rhythm city and others.
7. Yolanda Kgaka landed the starring role of Bongi on the fifth and final season of the SABC1 youth drama series Soul Buddyz. Soon after shooting Soul Buddyz, Yolanda went on to play the role of Lou Lou on the M-Net original drama series Jacob’s Cross, for the show’s last two seasons.
Before she joined Soul Buddyz, she already started her career journey in acting. She first appeared on kykNET soapie Binnelanders as Lerato in 2008.
At the age of 17, she appeared as Winnie Matyolo in a documentary based on Nelson Mandela’s life, which was directed by Amanda Lane. She matriculated from St. Dominic’s Boksburg in the year 2015 and in 2016 began a BCom Law degree.
Yolanda landed her second starring role in television in the Mzansi Magic teen drama series Is’thunzi, which premiered in October 2016. In the series she plays Noxolo, a shy and smart girl with a shameful secret. It was the first show in which she was credited as Yolanda Kgaka.
8. Kgosi Mongake played the character of Dombolo in the show Soul Buddyz. Since then, he has polished his acting skill and featured in local and international films. Some of his appearances have been in films such as Isono, Z’bondiwe, Abomama,
HopeVille, and Invictus.
He also played the role of activist Hector Peterson in the documentary Soweto Uprising and appeared in the feature films Catch a Fire, The Bang Bang Club, Invictus and Violence. A lot of people might recognise him for acting as Zakwe on Isono.
9. Shaun was acting as Hamilton on Soul Buddyz. He played a character as a spoilt rich kid who is chauffeur-driven to all school functions and has an abundant supply of money.
After his appearance on the show, Shaun joined a Children’s Theatre where he spent years polishing his acting, miming, and acting skills. He also learned to be a professional clown. However, he has been under the grid ever since, and his where abouts remain unknown.
10. Garion Dowds has been seen as Gabriel on Soul Buddyz Season 5. He continued acting until he got a role Kyle in Generations The Legacy and as Jody Haines in Isidingo. He has appeared internationally in The Prisoner, The Gamechangers, Troy: Fall of a city , Serenity and as a leading role in Shepherds and Butchers . Garion has been performing professionally since the age of ten.
He studied Drama at school and was top practical student in his final year. His skills include singing, dance and guitar. This seems to be inherited from his parents because his mother and father were Actors.
11. Siyabonga, better known as Siya, played Forget in Soul Buddyz season 5. Since then, he has been featured in international films like The Book of Negroes, Queen of Katwe, and Mzansi’s favorite, and Gomora. The actor is also best known for his role as Zweli Hlatswayo in the SABC1 political thriller television series End Game.
His role as Langa on Gomora has put him on Mzansi’s map as a talented actor.
In 2020, he was cast to play the role of Langa in the hit crime series, Gomora. Langa from Gomora is the firstborn son of Thathi, who has to move from the luxurious Sandton to Alex township after the death of his father. Langa is also a nerdy boy who is always on his computer.
18 Soul Buddyz cast: where are they now.
12. Matshepo Sekgopi played the character of Zingi on Soul Buddyz. Her talent was evident since her appearance in the show. She has grown to become one of South Africa’s renowned actresses, best known for her role as Dimpho Mokoena in One Magic’s drama series The River. She also appeared on Z’bondiwe for which she has gained wide acclaim.
Other television series she appeared includes Isibaya Season 4, Ingoma season 1,Saints and sinners, Crimes uncovered and Sokhulu & Partners.
13. Tsholofelo is a South African former actress who appeared on Soul Buddyz. After her appearance on Soul Buddyz, she didn’t continue with pursuing acting like some of her peers. She decided to venture into business. It is reported that she is now a successful businesswoman.
14. Gift Kubheka is a South African former child star best known for his starring role as Thami in the SABC1 youth drama series Soul Buddyz.
He also had a guest starring role as a street kid in the SABC1 sitcom Izoso Connexion.
15. Claire she was cast as Kylie in Soul Buddyz, a popular SABC Education drama on SABC1. Her character had to deal with her father’s anger when he lost his job, although her efforts to please him were in vain.
Claire went on to present Buddyz on the Move, then worked in telesales, as an auto pair, a jewelry designer, a sales consultant, an administrator, designer, model and human resources manager.
16. Tertia Coetzee is a South African dancer and actress best known for her childhood role as Bonnie in the SABC1 youth drama Soul Buddyz.
Tertia says she identifies with her character on Soul Buddyz because of Tertia. Unlike the quite and introverted Bonnie, Tertia is loud and outgoing. Bonnie was her second acting part after playing the role of Yolandi in Molo Fish.
17. Chiarra is a South African born female actress, she starred as Liza in a youngster series called Soul Buddyz, she played as a daughter of a well known Kwaito star and attracted much attention from children of her age on her school.
Although she had unknown insecurities because she was very cool just like her father, she looked and behaved arrogant and self serving but she was a nice person and a president of Soul Buddies club.
18. Thembalethu Ntuli has finally came out and clear the air about his whereabouts. 31 years old Thembalethu Ntuli is one of the most famous actor who has been acting for many years and for different show. He has been acting in Rhythm City, Soul Buddyz, Fearless and he also acted with Leon Schuster.
The actor has not been acting for a long time and it’s not suprising that people want to know about his whereabouts. According to the source, the 31 years old actor has decided to follow God’s direction. His plans are now focusing on working for God. In his statement Thembalethu Ntuli has promise that he did not left the entertainment industry but he has reassigned and soon he will be back in our screen.
Many people has been saying that the reason he is not active is because he is now a married man. Thembalethu Ntuli has been married to his wife and they are now living a happy ever after.